Bridgend College is wholly committed to reducing its impact on the environment at the local and global level and ensuring that sustainability remains an integral and fundamental part of the College’s strategy for success.
A VISION FOR SUSTAINABILITY
Bridgend College understands that sustainable development is as much about shifting mindsets as well as changing unsustainable practice.
We recognise that issues such as ethical investment, equality and social justice, social care and health, access to fresh water and food, climate change, land degradation, biodiversity, modernity and social change are inextricably linked to sustainability.
We recognise that our contribution to sustainability must include operational as well as educational dimensions.
We aim to become an Eco-College: a centre of excellence and strong leader in sustainable development performance, integrating sustainable development into all functions of the organisation at all levels.
This is a challenging agenda and the contribution required is both substantial and sustained, but also absolutely necessary.
THE SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS
Bridgend College was the first college in Wales to sign the international Sustainable Development Goals (SDG). By signing the Accord, we have made an extraordinary commitment to advancing the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals as part of the way we do business.
The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, adopted by all United Nations Member States in 2015, provides a shared blueprint for people and the planet, now and into the future. Central to the agenda are the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which are an urgent call for action by all countries as part of a global partnership for ending poverty, improving health and education, reducing inequality, and developing sustainable economic growth whilst simultaneously taking strong action against climate change and working to preserve our oceans and forests.
We have made a commitment to:
- Align all major efforts with the Sustainable Development Goals in all aspects of our business
- Involve and collaborate with members from all key stakeholder groups in this endeavour as part of a collective international response, including students, lecturers, business support staff and external stakeholders
- Annually report on our progression towards the goals
SDGs in Action is a tool for everyone to create, join and find ways to support the sustainable development goals.
We are extremely proud to announce that Bridgend College has now officially become a Google Reference College, the first college in Wales to be given this esteemed title.
©2018 Google LLC All rights reserved. Google and the Google logo are registered trademarks of Google LLC.
- New innovative mobile app to improve literacy skills given the go-ahead17/11/2020 - 13:15
- Bridgend College recognised as a Disability Confident Leader15/10/2020 - 11:17
- Top national award for Bridgend College Day Nursery15/10/2020 - 11:02
- Student wins top prize in enterprise competition08/10/2020 - 11:16