Our links with Denmark
Bridgend College is delighted to announce its new strategic partnership with Lovedale TVET College in the Eastern Cape of South Africa. Funded by the British Council, the colleges will work in partnership to investigate ways of working closely with local and national businesses.
This 12 month project will look at 4 key areas:
- The need for students to develop employability skills
- The need for students to develop enterprise skills
- The need to engage Small, Medium and Micro-sized Enterprises (SMMEs) in the curriculum design of vocational and occupational courses
- The need to further explore the potential of vocational colleges to work with SMMEs to improve business models and upskill current workforces as well as the future employees
About our new partner:
“Lovedale trains students in a variety of areas such as business, engineering, art and agriculture. Curricula for these are regulated, so development done within the college must focus on adding skills for employability. All learners are supported by the provision of a period of practical experience which, in some cases, is a necessary part of the completion of their qualification. A major reason for widening employer engagement is also to provide avenues for the experiential training of learners.
Lovedale is situated in an area where poverty is rife and there is little industry. While the widening of employer engagement is essential, the college is very involved in initiatives to initiate, develop and sustain micro businesses and entrepreneurship in an attempt to build the pool of jobs. Lovedale would like to collaborate with international partners who have experience in supporting of SMMEs to expand upon its budding project.”
Lizeka Kosani (Manager: Business and Skills Unit)
We are extremely proud to announce that Bridgend College has now officially become a Google Reference College, the first college in Wales to be given this esteemed title.
©2018 Google LLC All rights reserved. Google and the Google logo are registered trademarks of Google LLC.
- New innovative mobile app to improve literacy skills given the go-ahead17/11/2020 - 13:15
- Bridgend College recognised as a Disability Confident Leader15/10/2020 - 11:17
- Top national award for Bridgend College Day Nursery15/10/2020 - 11:02
- Student wins top prize in enterprise competition08/10/2020 - 11:16