Study a free higher education course with Higher Apprenticeships
Higher apprenticeships are the equivalent of the first stages of higher education and you would work towards a qualification at Level 4 or 5 such as HNC, HND or Foundation Degree.
As they start at Level 4, you only need a relevant Level 3 qualification to apply. This could be two or more AS levels, subject-relevant NVQs or diplomas alongside good GCSE grades (or equivalent).
Higher apprenticeships can be studied up to Level 7 and are most commonly found in industries requiring high levels of academia as well as practical capability. Examples are laboratory-based roles, digital and technology solutions or software development.
Higher Apprenticeships with Bridgend College
* If you are employed full-time in a suitable role, you may be eligible for a Higher Apprenticeship. Becoming a Higher Apprentice could give you the opportunity to study a work-based qualification (competence), a knowledge-based qualification and essential skills (if necessary), all without the need to pay any tuition fees!
Note, if this does not apply to you, please see our other Higher Education courses.
The following Higher Apprenticeships are available at Bridgend College:
- Site Management CIOB Level 4
- Management Level 4
- Management Level 5
- Facilities and Management Services Level 4
- Business and Administration Level 4
- IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
For more information about Higher Apprenticeships, and to check your eligibility, please complete the enquiry form or contact our Apprenticeship Team on:
Tel: 01656 302302 Ext 713