Are you interested in the future of cyber and looking to build your digital skills for a future career?
Cyber College Cymru is a brand new partnered initiative that creates pathways into a digital career for those who have a passion for all things technology.
Bridgend College, in partnership with Coleg Gwent and the University of South Wales, is piloting a scheme from September 2020 that will form a new qualification in cyber security. The initiative will offer learners hundreds of hours of industry input with big-name industry partners such as Admiral, Thales and Fujitsu. Alongside your studies, they will bring you:
- Cyber labs – learn and practice skills with training and mentoring
- Executive briefings – understand how the units you are studying relate to the world of work
- Support for professional qualifications
- Cyber Week – this exclusive week-long activity will bring together Cyber College Cymru students at the National Cyber Security Academy at the University of South Wales in Newport
- You’ll hear from industry leaders, meet professionals in cyber, take part in challenges, and learn about technologies and methodologies
The qualification will lead to a BTEC Diploma in IT together with support towards gaining the Amazon Web Services Foundational Cloud Practitioner qualification and a Microsoft MTA in Python programming. This course, coupled with cyber industry relevant and supported projects through the Welsh Baccalaureate, will enable learners to be highly employable candidates in the cyber field.
This new and exciting qualification could be your stepping stone into a cyber career.
Overview & Modules
Every unit will have a cyber security focus and will include:
- Information technology systems
- Creating systems to manage information
- Using social media in business
- Website development
- Cyber security and incident management
- IT project management
- Cloud storage and collaboration tools
You will participate in cyber related projects as part of the Welsh Baccalaureate qualification, supported by Admiral, Fujitsu and Thales.
You will receive support towards gaining the Amazon Web Services Foundational Cloud Practitioner qualification and a Microsoft MTA in Python programming.
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed in a variety of ways which could include assignments, external examinations, case studies and continual class assessment.
4 GCSEs at Grade C or above, preferably including English and Maths (equivalent qualifications are accepted).
You will attend an interview.
Course-related fees, eg materials/equipment: £22*
*This cost is approximate and is subject to change. Some costs may be payable to the College and some may be payable to external suppliers. Further details can be obtained by contacting email@example.com. There may be support available towards these costs; please visit our website for more information.
Please note: Access to an appropriate digital device for learning is required for this course. You may be eligible for support with this; please visit our website for more information.
We are extremely proud to announce that Bridgend College has now officially become a Google Reference College, the first college in Wales to be given this esteemed title.
©2018 Google LLC All rights reserved. Google and the Google logo are registered trademarks of Google LLC.
- Bridgend College scoops extraordinary recognition as a top employer22/08/2022 - 16:52
- Bridgend College continues to deliver excellence, scooping global recognition13/07/2022 - 10:24
- Celebrating student success at the Skills Competition Wales Awards28/03/2022 - 15:44
- Bridgend College supporting A Dog’s Trail with Snoopy24/03/2022 - 14:37