Aims of the course
Understand different sources of information available to investigate early Welsh history and their value to historians
- Compare and contrast different sources available to investigate early Welsh history
- Select and use information from a range of primary and secondary source material
Know the characteristics of early Welsh history
- Describe the important events and issues of early Welsh history
- State the sequence of events in early Welsh history
- Describe the factors that influenced the events in early Welsh history
- Identify the consequences of the events early Welsh history
- Assess the impact of influential people involved in the events in early Welsh history
Understand how the interpretation of history is subject to debate and controversy
- Describe how the events of early Welsh history may be viewed in different ways
Understand concepts of change and continuity over time.
- Describe the changes and continuities during early Welsh history
Ongoing assessment with evidence of achieving the aims of the course.