Aims of the course
Be able to recognise the facts and ideas from a piece of explanatory text on healthy eating
- Identify unfamiliar words in texts on healthy eating
- Use strategies to check meaning
- Use texts on healthy eating to:
(i) Identify why proteins are important in the diet
(ii) Identify which foods are the best source of proteins
(iii) Identify which foods vegetarians or vegans should eat to obtain enough protein
Be able to use information on proteins
- Plan and draft a piece of writing outlining own diet
- Outline how the amount and variety of protein could be increased
- Proofread for errors in sense, spelling and punctuation
- Produce final copy
Ongoing assessment with evidence of achieving the aims of the course.
We are extremely proud to announce that Bridgend College has now officially become a Google Reference College, the first college in Wales to be given this esteemed title.
©2018 Google LLC All rights reserved. Google and the Google logo are registered trademarks of Google LLC.