This course will prepare you for the environment of the Emergency, Uniformed and Public Services. This course is equivalent to 3 A Levels with the majority of the time classroom-based. However, practical learning is employed where possible in order to enrich and vary the learning experience. Some units are based on outdoor skills and require a positive attitude to new and often challenging environments.
Guest speakers are invited to give an up-to-date, relevant and stimulating insight to the work of uniformed careers.
You will have the opportunity to go on trips to further enrich your experience. Past visits have included Normandy, North Wales and many overnight outdoor experiences.
Modules may include:
- Understanding discipline leadership and teamwork in Public Services
- Crime and its effects and Police powers
- Skills for land-based outdoor and adventurous activities
- Citizenship, diversity and the Public Services
- Government policies and the Public Services
- Career preparation for the Public Services
- Physical preparation, health and lifestyle for the Public Services
- Land and water navigation
You will also develop a number of skills including numeracy, literacy and digital skills throughout the course.
Please note, equipment / materials costs may apply to this course.