This course provides a range of knowledge and understanding about autistic spectrum conditions and explores theories and concepts about autism. It enables learners to reflect on the impact of these conditions on the lives of individuals and those close to them and to learn about good practice in areas such as communication and support.
Overview and modules
- Understand the main characteristics of autistic spectrum conditions
- Understand how autistic spectrum conditions can impact on the lives of individuals and those around them
- Understand different theories and concepts about autism
- Understand the legal and policy framework that underpins good practice in the support of individuals with autistic spectrum conditions
- Understand how to achieve effective communication with individuals with an autistic spectrum condition
- Understand how to support individuals with an autistic spectrum condition
Portfolio of evidence built throughout the course.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
Continue your studies
Progression to Counselling Level 2, Dementia Awareness, Mental Health Awareness and Mental Health and Wellbeing.
Queens Road South, Bridgend Industrial Estate, Bridgend
Queens Road Campus is situated on Bridgend Industrial Estate and supports many of our class-based Higher Education (HE) courses as well as being home to our Work-Based Learning team and Engage Training, the commercial training arm of Bridgend College.
Your next steps to joining Bridgend College
Enquiring to study part-time with Bridgend College is easy. Submit your enquiry today and a member of the team will be back in touch with you.