Aims of the course
Be able to use a sewing machine for stitching
- Produce samples of machine stitching techniques
- Produce samples of machine stitching using attachments
- Produce machine sewing samples to show alterations in tension
Be able to prepare for sewing
- Produce a plan to sew an item
- Cut out the fabric
Be able to demonstrate sewing machine skills
- Use stitching techniques to assemble an item
Be able to reflect on the use of sewing machine skills
- Review sewing machine skills in the production of an item
What will I need?
You will need a sewing machine and small pieces of fabric.
Ongoing assessment with evidence of achieving the aims of the course.