This course will introduce you to the work of the Emergency, Uniformed and Public Services e.g. Police Service, Fire and Rescue Service, Military and Prison Service.
You will participate in a mixture of classroom-based written work and practical indoor and outdoor activities, along with taking part in outdoor pursuits and adventure training such as rock climbing and caving.
You will gain the skills, knowledge and understanding you need to progress towards higher qualifications or employment within the Emergency, Uniformed and Public Services.
Modules may include:
- The role and work of the Public Service
- Working in the Public Service Sector
- Carrying out a project in Public Services
- Citizenship, society and the Public Services
- Crime and its effects on society and individuals
- Land navigation by map and compass
- Preparing to respond to emergency incidents
- Health, fitness and lifestyle for the Public Services
- Adventurous activities in the Public Services
Please note, units may be subject to minor changes.
You will also develop a number of skills including numeracy, literacy and digital skills throughout the course, and study towards the Welsh Baccalaureate.
Please note, equipment / materials costs may apply to this course.