You will develop your knowledge and understanding by the inclusion of practical assessments within taught modules, such as report and case study assignments. You will also focus on work-related learning at Level 5 and the opportunities for studying applied psychology areas through the Level 4 module “Psychology in Everyday Life”.
As part of the FDSc Psychology, you have to complete work-based learning in an area related to psychology (eg social care, health care, education, sports and business) and link your placement experience to further work-related learning on other modules in the course.
Level 4 modules may include:
- PL1S128 Theoretical approaches to psychology
- PL1S129 Introduction to research using statistics in psychology
- PL1S130 Cognitive psychology
- PL1S131 Psychology in everyday life
- PL1S132 Biological psychology
- PL1S133 Individual differences and learning
Level 5 modules may include:
- PL2D121 Professional practice and employability
- PL2S137 Social psychology
- PL2S138 Development in childhood and adolescence
- PL2S139 Advanced research using statistics in psychology
- PL2S140 Psychological disorders