The Foundation Professional Cookery Apprenticeship is designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge required to carry out your job role and support future progression within the hospitality and catering sector.
Level 2 – Foundation Apprenticeship
Overview & Modules
You will be employed and receive at least the minimum apprenticeship wage. You will attend college on a day release basis and should achieve the Level 2 Apprenticeship Framework within the agreed timescale.
The qualification is achieved through a mix of learning in the workplace, formal off the job training (at college) and the opportunity to practice and embed new skills in a real work context. On completion, you must be able to undertake the full range of duties, appropriate to your job, confidently and competently to the standard set by the Industry.
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery
- Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles (Professional Cookery)
- Essential Skills Qualification – Communication Level 1
- Essential Skills Qualification – Application of Number Level 1
Note, if you can provide certificates as evidence of your GCSE Maths and English, showing you have achieved Grade G or above, then you will be exempt from undertaking the Essential Skills qualifications listed above.
This apprenticeship reflects the range of job roles within professional cookery and provides the technical and professional skills needed in a commercial environment.
These programmes are part financed by the European Social Fund through the Welsh Government.
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will be made through coursework, assignments, work-based observations and work-based evidence.
- There are no specific academic entry requirements for the Level 2 Foundation Apprenticeship, but you must be in employment which supports the requirements of the qualification
- Note, you can only undertake this apprenticeship if you have been employed in your current job role for less than 6 months at time of enrolment if you are aged over 25. If you are under 25 this criteria does not apply to you
- From April 1 to July 31 2021, Welsh Government will be temporarily relaxing the criteria to allow all employees, irrespective of age and length of employment, to undertake this level 2 framework
Continue your studies
After successfully completing the Level 2 Apprenticeship, you can progress to further qualifications.
Enquire for more information:
We are extremely proud to announce that Bridgend College has now officially become a Google Reference College, the first college in Wales to be given this esteemed title.
©2018 Google LLC All rights reserved. Google and the Google logo are registered trademarks of Google LLC.
- Bridgend College achieves Gold at Mind’s Workplace Wellbeing Awards09/06/2021 - 10:06
- Kickstarting careers for young people08/06/2021 - 11:44
- Our state-of-the-art STEAM Academy enters the final stage of construction27/05/2021 - 11:17
- Bridgend College joins the ‘Race to Zero’ campaign against climate change12/05/2021 - 13:11