This qualification covers the skills needed to progress to work as a pet sitter.
Overview & Modules
Mandatory content includes:
- Roles and responsibilities of a professional pet sitter
- Current legislation and codes of practice
- Potential problems and emergencies
How will I be assessed?
A practical assessment with oral questioning.
Candidates must be aged 16 or over.
Candidates must hold a Level 2 animal-related qualification such as:
- Level 2 Diploma / Level 2 Technical Certificate in Animal Care OR
- Level 2 Diploma in Equine or Agriculture OR
- Level 2 Technical Competence in Animal Health, Husbandry and Handling
Continue your studies
The Level 2 Certificate of Technical Competence in Animal Care related subjects could lead to the following employment opportunities:
- Dog walker
- Pet sitter
- Animal care worker
- Pet retail assistant
Enhance your skill set with further training opportunities with, including:
- Canine First Aid
- Dog Walking
- Understanding the behaviour of dogs
- Dog Training skills
- Looking after Puppies and Dogs