All Mental Health First Aid (Wales) courses will include the following sessions over a 12 hour period:
Why mental health first aid?
- Mental health policy in Wales
- Common mental health problems
- Attitudes and the See Me anti-stigma campaign
- The five steps of mental health first aid
What is depression?
- Symptoms of depression
- Alcohol, drugs and depression
- Suicide in Wales
- Crisis first aid for suicidal behaviour
- Crisis first aid for depression
- Treatment and resources for depression
What are anxiety disorders (PDSD, GAD, social phobia, panic disorder, agoraphobia, OCD)?
- Symptoms of anxiety disorders
- Alcohol, drugs and anxiety disorders
- Crisis first aid for panic attacks
- Crisis first aid for acute stress reaction
- Treatment and resources for anxiety disorders
- Non- suicidal Self Harm (prevalence, first aid and treatment)
What are psychotic disorders (schizophrenia, bipolar disorder)?
- Symptoms of psychotic disorders
- Risk factors of psychosis
- Treatment and resources for psychosis
- Mental Health Legislation in Wales
- Other expressions of distress, including self-harm
- Action planning for using Mental Health First Aid