You will gain an introduction to mental health and the main mental health conditions. You will learn how different factors have an effect upon mental well-being and how people can be supported to recover from mental health problems.
Overview & Modules
The course will include the following:
- Understanding what is mental health
- Raising awareness of mental well being
- Introducing recovery from mental health problems
- Understanding mental health policy and legislation
- Challenging stigma and misunderstanding in mental health
- Understanding the effect of stress on the person and how it impacts in the workplace
- Raising awareness of Depression, anxiety disorders, psychotic disorders and suicide/self-harm
- Factors affecting mental well being
- Supporting someone with a mental health problem
- Interventions and signposting for further mental health support
- We will provide an in company certificate
How will I be assessed?
Continue your studies