This Apprenticeship framework is designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge required to carry out your job role and support future progression within the sector. You will be employed and receive at least the minimum apprenticeship wage, attend college on a day release basis and should achieve the Level 2 Apprenticeship Framework within the agreed timescale.
- Level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Competence
- Level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles
- Essential Skills Communication Level 1
- Essential Skills Application of Number Level 1
- Essential Skills Digital Literacy Level 1
Note, if you can provide certificates as evidence of your GCSE Maths and English, showing you have achieved Grade G or above, then you will be exempt from undertaking the Essential Skills qualifications listed above.
The job role for the Foundation Apprenticeship will be Light Vehicle Service Technician – carrying out routine light vehicle maintenance and inspections including servicing, repairing and replacing faulty parts and maintaining records.
These programmes are part financed by the European Social Fund through the Welsh Government.