This course will enable you to learn how to prepare and operate a manually fed wood-chipper.
Overview & Modules
The following areas will be covered:
- Health and safety requirements for operating a wood-chipper
- Carrying out a risk assessment on a site
- Preparing the equipment and site for wood-chipping operations
- Operating a wood-chipper
- Carrying out maintenance on a wood-chipper
* We support Welsh businesses within the Trees and Timber sector via the Focus on Forestry funding scheme aimed to support skills development. Please enquire for further information.
How will I be assessed?
Candidates must be aged 16 or above.
Continue your studies
We offer a range of other courses to enhance your skill set, including:
- Brushcutter / trimmers
- Dry stone walling
- Chainsaw maintenance