Thinking of becoming a counsellor but wondered what’s involved?
Do you consider yourself a good listener and interested in learning about counselling? Do you want to gain knowledge about what it actually is and its intended purpose whilst developing your own personal self-awareness and enhancing your listening skills?
Join us for this 6-week ‘taster’ course and see if a possible career as a counsellor could be for you.
Aims of the course
Know different helping strategies
- Give examples of helping strategies
- Define counselling
Know the responsibilities, skills and attitudes of counsellors
- Identify ethical responsibilities in counselling
- Give examples of counselling skills
- Give examples of attitudes which underpin counselling
- Identify the stages in counselling interviews
Be able to use questioning and listening skills.
- Use questioning and listening skills
Understand the use of counselling in different settings
- Give examples of where counselling can be used
Ongoing assessment with evidence of achieving the aims of the course.