Illustrations form a major part of our lives: found in childhood books, on products and in advertising. Illustrations tell us stories and help us understand the world through a visual language.
This 10-week course, aims to introduce you to the world of illustration, whether you are a complete beginner or enjoy experimenting creatively. Looking at different elements of illustration and learning new techniques, you will produce and develop illustrations that support a design brief. This course will help you create unique and beautiful work.
Aims of the course
Be able to interpret a design brief for an illustration
- Describe illustration
- Identify the requirements in a design brief for an illustration
Be able to develop an image for use in an illustration
- Collate background information for the design brief
- Plan an image for a design to include the selection of: formal elements, media, scale, style and techniques
- Produce roughs to visualise ideas for a design
- Produce a final design
Be able to produce an illustration based on a design image
- Use a design image to produce an illustration
Ongoing assessment with evidence of achieving the aims of the course.