The Information Security Apprenticeship is designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge required to carry out your job role and support future progression within the Information Security sector. On successful completion of this apprenticeship, you could expect to progress into roles in Network Security, Information Assurance, Penetration Testing and Secure System Development. You will be employed and receive at least the minimum apprenticeship wage. You will attend college on a day release basis and should achieve the Level 3 Apprenticeship Framework within the agreed timescale.
18 months – available from September 2022
Level 3 – Apprenticeship
Overview & Modules
This is achieved through a mix of learning in the workplace, formal off-the-job instruction and training (at college) and the opportunity to practice and embed new skills in a real work context. On completion, you must be able to undertake the full range of duties, appropriate to your job, confidently and competently to the standard set by the industry.
- Agored Cymru Level 3 Diploma in Information Security Professionals
- Essential Skills Qualifications Communication Level 2
- Essential Skills Qualification Application of Number Level 2
- Essential Skills Qualification Digital Literacy Level 2
Note, if you can provide certificates as evidence of your GCSE Maths and English, showing you have achieved Grade C or above, then you will be exempt from undertaking the Essential Skills qualifications listed above.
This apprenticeship reflects the range of job roles within Information Security such as Junior Network Security Officer, Junior Information Assurance Officer, Assistant Secure System Developer and Penetration Tester and provides the technical and professional skills needed in an industrial environment.
These programmes are part financed by the European Social Fund through the Welsh Government.
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will be made through coursework, assignments, work-based observations and work-based evidence.
There are no specific academic entry requirements for the Level 3 Apprenticeship, but all applicants must be in employment which supports the requirements of the qualification.
Most employers will require good (A*-C) GCSE passes in English and Maths as a minimum for entry into an Information Security job role.
The majority of apprenticeship roles within the Information Security sector require:
- Individuals to be proactive, fast learners; able to work both in a team and sometimes alone
- The ability to focus on assisting customers and colleagues find solutions to problems
- The ability to work logically and methodically, often under pressure to set deadlines
- Good attention to detail and the ability to deliver what is required, when it is required
- Individuals to be open to change and focus on the requirements of the business at all times
Note, if you are 25 or over, you must be employed for less than 6 months in your current job role on the day of enrolment to be eligible for this programme.
Continue your studies
After successfully completing the Level 3 Apprenticeship, you can progress to further qualifications.
Enquire for more information: