Aims of the course
Understand guidelines for healthy eating
Give examples of:
- Fruit and vegetables
- Energy foods
- Foods for growth
- Foods for healthy teeth and bones
- Foods which should only be eaten in small amounts
- Drinks which contribute to a healthy lifestyle
Know how diet can affect the body
- Outline the importance of a healthy diet
- Outline the consequences of a poor diet
Know how to find out about foods
- Identify ways to find out which of the groups a food belongs to
Be able to plan a healthy menu
- Outline a menu for a day which contains food from each type of group in the right proportions
Ongoing assessment with evidence of achieving the aims of the course.
We are extremely proud to announce that Bridgend College has now officially become a Google Reference College, the first college in Wales to be given this esteemed title.
©2018 Google LLC All rights reserved. Google and the Google logo are registered trademarks of Google LLC.