The Foundation Health and Social Care Apprenticeship is designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge required to carry out your job role and support future progression within the health and social care sector.
Level 2 – Foundation Apprenticeship
Overview & Modules
You will be employed and receive at least the minimum apprenticeship wage. You will attend college on a day release basis and should achieve the Level 2 Apprenticeship Framework within the agreed timescale.
The qualification is achieved through a mix of learning in the workplace, formal off the job training (at college) and the opportunity to practice and embed new skills in a real work context. On completion, you must be able to undertake the full range of duties, appropriate to your job, confidently and competently to the standard set by the Industry.
- Level 2 Health & Social Care Practice Qualification (Adults)
- Level 2 Health & Social Care – Core Qualification (Adults)
- Essential Skills Wales Communication Level 1
- Essential Skills Wales Application of Number Level 1
Note, if you can provide certificates as evidence of your GCSE Maths and English, showing you have achieved Grade G or above, then you will be exempt from undertaking the Essential Skills qualifications listed above.
These programmes are part financed by the European Social Fund through the Welsh Government.
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will be made through coursework, tests, assignments, work-based observations and work-based evidence.
- There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification but you must be at least 16 years of age and in employment for at least 30 hours per week (including college day)
- You must have a clean Enhanced DBS check
Continue your studies
After successfully completing the Level 2 Apprenticeship, you can progress to the Level 3 Apprenticeship qualification.
Enquire for more information: