Aims of the course
Be able to demonstrate knowledge of the guitar
- Specify gauge of strings used on a guitar of their choice
- Change more than one string successfully
- Tune the guitar accurately using relative tuning
Know a range of chord shapes / positions
- Play a range of major / minor chords
- Play in 2 different keys
Be able to demonstrate a sense of rhythm, melody and song structure
- Play in more than one rhythm, tempo and style using strumming & finger-picking techniques
- Create or copy a melodic riff, melody or solo / lead of at least 8 bars duration
- Sustain a part keeping to a defined song structure – typically verse, chorus, bridge etc
Be able to co-operate with members of a group
- Contribute a musical part in a group
- Maintain a part in a performance with a group
Ongoing assessment with evidence of achieving the aims of the course.
We are extremely proud to announce that Bridgend College has now officially become a Google Reference College, the first college in Wales to be given this esteemed title.
©2018 Google LLC All rights reserved. Google and the Google logo are registered trademarks of Google LLC.
- Bridgend College scoops extraordinary recognition as a top employer22/08/2022 - 16:52
- Bridgend College continues to deliver excellence, scooping global recognition13/07/2022 - 10:24
- Celebrating student success at the Skills Competition Wales Awards28/03/2022 - 15:44
- Bridgend College supporting A Dog’s Trail with Snoopy24/03/2022 - 14:37