Aims of the course
Know where a different language is spoken
- Identify a country speaking the chosen language, for further study.
Understand the importance of different cultural conventions
Identify similarities and differences between own and the chosen country in:
- The use of language
- The tone of voice
- Body language
Identify similarities and differences between Welsh or English culture and the culture of the chosen country, in what is considered polite or socially acceptable.
Understand how to improve communication and understanding between cultures
- Give examples of potential misunderstandings, which could affect communication
- Outline how such misunderstandings could have arisen
- Identify possible effects of such misunderstandings
- Identify ways to minimise misunderstanding when communicating with people from different communities and cultures
Ongoing assessment with evidence of achieving the aims of the course, including:
- Conversations and discussion groups
- A quiz on French Culture, history, geography, personalities, music etc
- Discussion on how to navigate cultural difference and improve communication
We are extremely proud to announce that Bridgend College has now officially become a Google Reference College, the first college in Wales to be given this esteemed title.
©2018 Google LLC All rights reserved. Google and the Google logo are registered trademarks of Google LLC.
- Bridgend College achieves Gold at Mind’s Workplace Wellbeing Awards09/06/2021 - 10:06
- Kickstarting careers for young people08/06/2021 - 11:44
- Our state-of-the-art STEAM Academy enters the final stage of construction27/05/2021 - 11:17
- Bridgend College joins the ‘Race to Zero’ campaign against climate change12/05/2021 - 13:11