This course is for anyone who currently operates or will be required to operate a tracked forward tipping dumper in the land-based or construction industries. The course will allow you to develop the skills and knowledge required in order to operate the forward tipping dumper safely and confidently.
Overview & Modules
The course covers:
- Identifying the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all its controls and gauges
- Identifying and complying with manufacturers’ instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other information sources, and applicable legislation (PUWER, LOLER)
- Carrying out all pre-use and running checks
- Setting the dumper for site and road travel
- Travelling over differing types of terrain, including rough undulating ground and substantial inclines both in a loaded and unloaded state
- Manoeuvring in confined areas using forward and reverse direction, in a loaded and unloaded state
- Positioning the dumper to receive loads
- Complying with loading procedures
- Ensuring load integrity and security
- Discharging loads into trenches or over edges
- Placing the dumper in an out-of-service condition
- Explaining the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter
How will I be assessed?
There will be assessment of practical skills.
There are no prerequisites required in order to attend this course.
Continue your studies
We are extremely proud to announce that Bridgend College has now officially become a Google Reference College, the first college in Wales to be given this esteemed title.
©2018 Google LLC All rights reserved. Google and the Google logo are registered trademarks of Google LLC.
- Bridgend College achieves Gold at Mind’s Workplace Wellbeing Awards09/06/2021 - 10:06
- Kickstarting careers for young people08/06/2021 - 11:44
- Our state-of-the-art STEAM Academy enters the final stage of construction27/05/2021 - 11:17
- Bridgend College joins the ‘Race to Zero’ campaign against climate change12/05/2021 - 13:11