Aims of the course
Be able to demonstrate safe working practices at all times.
- Select appropriate tools and equipment fit for purpose.
- Use materials and equipment safely.
- Maintain an organised work area.
- Clear work area appropriately.
Know appropriate materials and equipment for summer arrangements.
- Select and prepare suitable containers and floral mechanics.
- Select and condition a range of foliages and fresh flowers appropriate to summer arrangements.
Be able to construct a variety of basic fresh flower arrangements.
- Produce a posy arrangement.
- Produce a crescent arrangement.
- Produce an arrangement to include a small gift.
- Produce a hand-tied arrangement.
Know how to incorporate seasonal accessories into floral arrangements.
Enhance at least two designs by the incorporation of seasonal accessories.
Ongoing assessment with evidence of achieving the aims of the course.
We are extremely proud to announce that Bridgend College has now officially become a Google Reference College, the first college in Wales to be given this esteemed title.
©2018 Google LLC All rights reserved. Google and the Google logo are registered trademarks of Google LLC.
- Bridgend College continues to deliver excellence, scooping global recognition13/07/2022 - 10:24
- Celebrating student success at the Skills Competition Wales Awards28/03/2022 - 15:44
- Bridgend College supporting A Dog’s Trail with Snoopy24/03/2022 - 14:37
- Jeff Greenidge appointed as new Chair of the Governing Body14/12/2021 - 14:13