Aims of the course
Be able to conduct family history research using primary and secondary sources.
- Understand the difference between primary and secondary sources and understand their importance in family history
- Know how to access primary sources, in various formats, through two different mediums for family history research
- Know the sources available for family historians at Family History Societies and local repositories
- Be able to prepare individual Pedigree Chart/s Family Group Sheet/s and an Index card
- Be able to interview an individual for family history research
- Be able to record historical events and genealogical information
Ongoing assessment with evidence of achieving the aims of the course.
We are extremely proud to announce that Bridgend College has now officially become a Google Reference College, the first college in Wales to be given this esteemed title.
©2018 Google LLC All rights reserved. Google and the Google logo are registered trademarks of Google LLC.