The qualification has been adapted from the QCF Diploma within the apprenticeship framework so facilitates progression to the industry recognised qualification.
It will give you an opportunity to practice and be assessed in a secure environment on the installation of wiring systems together with the relevant theory of electrical installation. You have the opportunity to utilise the IET On-Site Guide with some of the units; and also acquire the knowledge of electrical science and principles.
The qualification will not make you an electrician, but will allow progression to the industry recognised qualification.
The course covers health and safety, electrical installation theory and technology, electrical installation methods, procedures and requirements; electrical installation craft skills and electrical science and principles.
You will have the opportunity to utilise the IET On‐Site Guide, and also be introduced to how regulations (including BS 7671) affect electrical installation.
The qualification covers standard circuits as described in the On‐Site Guide.
- ELEC2/01 Health and Safety in Electrical Installation
- ELEC2/04 Electrical Installation Theory and Technology
- ELEC2/05A Electrical Installation Methods, Procedures and Requirements
- ELEC2/05B Electrical Installation Craft Skills
- ELEC2/08 Electrical Science and Principles