The Engineering Apprenticeship framework is designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge required to carry out your job role and support future progression within the sector. You will be employed and receive at least the minimum apprenticeship wage and should achieve the Level 3 Apprenticeship Framework within the agreed timescale.
- Level 3 NVQ Extended Diploma Electrical Electronic Engineering (QCF)
- BTEC L3 Diploma Electrical Electronic Engineering (QCF)
- Essential Skills Wales Communication Level 2
- Essential Skills Wales Application of Number Level 2
- Essential Skills Wales Information and Communication Technology Level 2
- Key Skill Level 2 Working With Others
- Key Skill Level 2 Improving Own Learning
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
This apprenticeship can be tailored to meet the requirements for Electrical Engineering Technician or Measurement and Control Technician job roles: Electrical Engineering Technician – Build, install, operate and maintain electrical equipment such as generators, motors and transformers that produce and distribute electrical power. The work may include repairing electrical equipment, testing it and restoring it to full power. Measurement and Control Technician – Install, run, test and look after the instruments that monitor and control manufacturing processes, using sophisticated sensors and control systems to make sure products are measured, weighed, sorted and packaged correctly and efficiently.
Please note, this Framework is for Apprentices who have NOT completed the full-time first year engineering programme. You will attend college 5 days a week for the first year (35 weeks) and undertake the following qualifications: Performing Engineering Operations Level 2, BTEC L3 Diploma Electrical Electronic Engineering first year and Essential Skills/Key Skills in Communications, Application of Number, Information and Communication Technology, Working with Others and Improving Own Learning.
These programmes are part financed by the European Social Fund through the Welsh Government.