This qualification covers the skills needed to progress to work as a dog walker.
Overview & Modules
Mandatory content includes:
- Roles and responsibilities of a professional dog walker
- Legislation and codes of practice
- Breeds and behaviour
- Walking and controlling a dog
- Problems, injuries and emergencies
How will I be assessed?
One-to-one practical assessment with oral questioning.
Candidates must be aged 16 or over.
Continue your studies
The Level 2 Certificate of Technical Competence in Animal Care related subjects could lead to the following employment opportunities:
- Dog walker
- Pet sitter
- Animal care worker
- Pet retail assistant
Enhance your skill set with further training opportunities with Engage Training, including:
- Canine First Aid
- Dog Grooming Level 2 & 3
- Understanding the behaviour of dogs
- Dog Training skills
- Looking after Puppies & Dogs
- Pet sitting