This qualification covers a wide range of areas related to the skills and knowledge required for working in the Dog Grooming industry, or progressing to further learning and training.
Overview & Modules
All learners must take the mandatory units:
- Prepare and groom dogs prior to bathing
- Bathe and clean dogs
- Clean and maintain equipment used for grooming or removing hair from animals
- Control and restrain animals
- Dry dogs and prepare their coats for styling
- Basic trimming of a dog’s coat
You will also cover three optional units that are relevant to the chosen area of interest:
- Carry out reception duties
- Handle payments from clients
- Welcome, receive and care for visitors to sites
How will I be assessed?
To earn this qualification, you must complete a range of mandatory and optional units, including:
- Bathing and cleaning dogs
- Controlling and restraining animals
- Handling payments from clients
You will have an E-assessment and a practical demonstration or assignment.
There are no specific prior achievements required to take this qualification, but a Level 1 or another Level 2 qualification in Animal Care or other Land-based related subjects could be an advantage. The qualification is suitable for school leavers or adults looking for a change in career.
This qualification is a centre-based qualification designed to be taken in a College-based environment.
It is designed to contribute towards the knowledge and understanding for the Work-based Qualifications in Animal Care while containing additional skills and knowledge which go beyond the scope of the National Occupational Standards. It provides a valuable alternative for those candidates who do not have access to the work-based qualifications.
Continue your studies
This course reflects the skills and knowledge needed to progress into employment or onto a Level 3 qualification.