This Apprenticeship framework is designed to provide apprentices with the skills and knowledge required to carry out their job role and support future progression within the sector. The apprentice will be employed and receive at least the minimum apprenticeship wage, and will attend college on a block release basis (8 blocks per year; five days a week) and should achieve the Level two Apprenticeship Framework within the agreed timescale.
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Plant Maintenance (Construction)
- Level 2 Diploma in Plant Maintenance
- Essential Skills Wales Communication Level 1
- Essential Skills Wales Application of Number Level 1
- Employment rights and responsibilities
The job role for the Foundation Apprenticeship is Plant Mechanic and duties will include working on a construction site or in a workshop to given specifications, repairing/servicing vehicles/machines for various construction operations such as excavators, earth movers, forklifts, telescopic handlers, dumper trucks.
These programmes are part financed by the European Social Fund through the Welsh Government.