Aims of the course
Understand the practical techniques required for cake decorating
- Identify the techniques involved in cake decorating
Know what materials are required for cake decorating and how to obtain them
- Identify materials needed to decorate a cake
- Identify sources of materials
- Identify quantities required to complete a cake decorating task
Know which tools and equipment are required for cake decorating and how to obtain and maintain them
- List essential tools/equipment required
- List potential suppliers of cake decorating tools and equipment
- State how cake decorating tools and equipment should be maintained
Be able to plan and carry out cake decorating project
- Identify tasks and techniques to be carried out at each stage of a cake decorating project
- State time required to complete each stage of the project
- Carry out cake decorating techniques
Be able to apply Health and Safety procedures relating to cake decorating
Apply Health and Safety procedures required for cake decorating
Ongoing assessment with evidence of achieving the aims of the course.
We are extremely proud to announce that Bridgend College has now officially become a Google Reference College, the first college in Wales to be given this esteemed title.
©2018 Google LLC All rights reserved. Google and the Google logo are registered trademarks of Google LLC.
- Bridgend College continues to deliver excellence, scooping global recognition13/07/2022 - 10:24
- Celebrating student success at the Skills Competition Wales Awards28/03/2022 - 15:44
- Bridgend College supporting A Dog’s Trail with Snoopy24/03/2022 - 14:37
- Jeff Greenidge appointed as new Chair of the Governing Body14/12/2021 - 14:13