You will gain practical skills and knowledge in anatomy and physiology, health and safety and a variety of beauty therapy units.
You will be involved in the annual Fashion Show, along with visits to salons and spas within the South Wales area. You will have the opportunity to provide treatments to the general public within the local community.
Throughout the course, you will collate a portfolio of evidence and sit examinations for both theory and practical units. These will be used for assessment purposes.
- Follow health and safety in the salon
- Introduction to the hair and beauty sector
- Provide basic manicure and pedicure treatment
- Salon reception duties
- Skin care
- The art of photographic make-up
- Themed face painting
- Working with others in the hair and beauty sector
- Basic makeup application
- Create a hair and beauty image
- Nail art application
- Present a professional image in a salon
You will also develop a number of skills including numeracy, literacy and digital skills throughout the course.
Note, you will need to purchase a uniform and kit to begin the course.