Businesses and employers
We have strong links with a host of businesses across Wales and further afield. By engaging with employers, we are committed to improving local and national economic productivity. Employer engagement is crucial to the growth of Bridgend College, the development of our courses and the strategic economic development of the region.
We want businesses to thrive in a buoyant, resilient local economy, and be able to access quality talent pipelines right on their doorstep. Our bespoke training and flexible opportunities can help you to drive economic success and achieve growth.
Engage with talent
Our innovative careers hub Cyfleoedd, ensures that an engaging and varied careers programme is central to the learning activity at Bridgend College. We can help employers connect with their future workforce and help them to develop their skills. Options include:
- Providing an employer masterclass to a group of students
- Offering a work placement opportunity or a ‘live project’ for students to complete
- Providing site visits and tours to help students gain an insight into the world of work
- Job shadowing or internship opportunities
- Entrepreneurship competitions and opportunities
- Mentoring or coaching a student or group of students
- Promoting voluntary opportunities within your business
Train an apprentice
Apprenticeships are fully funded, are designed around the needs of your business, and can help transform your organisation by offering a route to harness fresh new talent. It can be an opportunity to upskill an existing member of staff or to employ a new team member as an apprentice.
Benefits of upskilling or recruiting an apprentice include:
- Developing a professional, skilled workforce
- Providing opportunities to expand your business
- Improving productivity and reducing business costs
- Nurturing talent to improve services
There can be financial employer incentives available for recruiting an apprentice and we can provide guidance through every step of the process.
Visit the Apprenticeship for employers page to learn more.
We offer a free job advertisement service and can help share your vacancies through a range of methods in our extensive network:
- An open jobs board through Cyfleoedd
- Access to external website advertising, including the Government’s Apprenticeship Vacancy Service
- Invitations to our college careers events or specialised recruitment activities
- Targeted recruitment of specific groups or individuals
- Connecting you with local projects that support job seekers
- Engaging social media posts across our channels
- Support with accessing any funded programmes
Develop your current staff
Whether you’re looking to upskill or retrain your staff, or you’re seeking to improve your own skills, we have a wide range of programmes available depending on your needs. These include:
- Personal Learning Accounts
- Apprenticeships and Higher Apprenticeships
- Fully-funded courses through our Community College
- Online training via E-Learning
- Bespoke and open courses with flexible and affordable options
All of the above offer flexible, fully-funded training programmes that can be tailored to the needs of your business. Courses range from short taster sessions through to higher level qualifications that span one or two academic years. You can access as many programmes as you need and your staff can progress through different courses as part of their learning journey.
For advice and guidance, please contact: PTandCommercial@bridgend.ac.uk
“We are keen to engage with students and staff to support us in connecting education and the world of employment.”
Nicola Millard, Willmott Dixon
Business networking events
We offer a range of business breakfast and networking opportunities throughout the year. Many of our networking events are hosted by leading professionals and entrepreneurs and cover key business themes and trends.
These events provide opportunities for you to connect with other local businesses and prospective clients to establish your own network of support. Don’t miss our events – sign up to our free business e-newsletter by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Talk to us
If you’d like to find out more or are interesting in partnering with us, contact us on email@example.com
“By working closely with Bridgend College, we can help fulfil the lives of our staff, volunteers and trainees through their excellent work-based learning opportunities.”
Helen Cook, Awen Cultural Trust