Apprenticeships are designed around the needs of businesses and can help transform your organisation.
They are fully funded and provide an opportunity to harness fresh new talent by recruiting a new member of staff, or upskilling an existing member of staff. By training an apprentice with Bridgend College, you are helping to develop a pipeline of talent to support your organisation in the future.
An apprentice can:
- Provide opportunities to accelerate business growth
- Improve productivity and reduce business costs
- Nurture talent to improve services
- Give your business a creative boost
Our apprenticeship programmes are funded by the European Social Fund (ESF) through the Welsh Government.
Feedback from employers
In our latest apprenticeship employer survey (2019/20), here is the feedback we received from employers:
- 99% of employers either ‘Strongly Agree’ or ‘Agree’ that they are clear on how well their employee is progressing through their programme.
- 97% of employers stated that the training provided reflects current practice in the industry/sector.
- 99% of employers stated that Bridgend College responds promptly to any concerns or comments they have about their employee’s training.
- 97% of employers would recommend Bridgend College to another employer.
- 98% of employers are satisfied with the support they, as an employer, received from Bridgend College.
What support does Bridgend College offer?
Our highly skilled and supportive team will help you throughout the apprenticeship journey:
- You’ll have a dedicated Work-based Learning Liaison Officer to ensure the apprenticeship programme runs smoothly
- You’ll receive receive regular, detailed feedback on the progress of your apprentice towards each framework component
- Access to all Bridgend College facilities, learning resources and support services
The organisations we work with are in different stages of their apprenticeship journey – some already have an existing member of staff they’d like to be on an apprenticeship programme while others are keen to recruit a new member of staff to become an apprentice. We are here to support you every step of the way.
Employer engagement partners
We are proud to work with a range of organisations, dedicated to supporting and developing businesses across Wales. Here is a selection of the employers we work with:
I would like to recruit an apprentice but need to find a suitable candidate
We know it’s crucial to find the right fit for your organisation. If you need help recruiting an apprentice, we will discuss your requirements including:
- Exploring your aims and priorities in the type of individual you are looking for
- Gathering all the necessary information into a job template
- Discussing a variety of approaches for advertising your vacancies for you, including internally with our own learners, a variety of job websites, social media and reaching out through our expansive network
- Directing suitable candidates to you who may approach us
- Helping you connect with individuals by enabling opportunities for you to meet or promote your opportunities to them in person
I have an existing staff member who I would like to start an apprenticeship with Bridgend College
If you have an existing member of staff who you would like to upskill via an apprenticeship, simply complete our online application form. Our Work-based Learning Team will review your application.
If you need any help or support, contact email@example.com or call 01656 302 302 Ext 110 or 727
I have an individual ready to start an apprenticeship with Bridgend college
If you are ready to start your apprenticeship journey with us, contact us today: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01656 302 302 Ext 110 or 727.
Supporting Welsh language
All learners studying Apprenticeship programmes with Bridgend College are given the opportunity to undertake their learning in Welsh, either in full or part. Learners are supported to recognise Welsh as a key employability skill and are provided with various opportunities to develop their use of the Welsh language, as part of their course and outside of their studies.
Find out more about how we can support Welsh speaking learners here.