Apprenticeships are designed around the needs of businesses and can help transform your organisation.
They are fully funded and an opportunity to harness fresh new talent by recruiting a new member of staff, or upskilling an existing member of staff. By training an apprentice with Bridgend College, you are helping to develop a pipeline of talent to support your organisation in the future.
An apprentice can:
- Provide opportunities to accelerate business growth
- Improve productivity and reduce business costs
- Nurture talent to improve services
- Give your business a creative boost
Our apprenticeship programmes are funded by the European Social Fund (ESF) through the Welsh Government.
Why work with Bridgend College?
We are an award-winning provider and have been training apprentices for over 90+ years. We have helped hundreds of organisations of different sizes and in many different sectors develop their workforce.
- We offer over 35 apprenticeship pathways, from pre-entry to Higher Apprenticeships (Level 4+)
- We are proud to have consistently delivered apprenticeship attainment rates significantly above sector averages.
- We were shortlisted for ‘Apprenticeship Programme of the Year’ in 2019 and 2020 at the Tes FE Awards.
- Bridgend College apprentices won ‘National Apprentice of the Year’ awards across different apprenticeship categories at the Apprenticeship Awards Cymru between 2015 and 2019.
- We were named ‘Apprenticeship Provider of the Year’ for Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland by FE Week/AELP 2018.
- Our skills tutor, Rachel Lewis, was a finalist for the ‘Work-based Learning Tutor of the Year’ award at the Apprenticeship Awards Cymru in 2019.
Feedback from employers
In our latest apprenticeship employer survey (2019/20), here is the feedback we received from employers:
97% of employers would recommend Bridgend College to another employer 98% of employers are satisfied with the support they, as an employer, received from Bridgend College. 99% of employers either ‘Strongly Agree’ or ‘Agree’ that they are clear on how well their employee is progressing through their programme. 99% of employers stated that Bridgend College responds promptly to any concerns or comments they have about their employee’s training. 97% of employers stated that the training provided reflects current practice in the industry/sector.
What support does Bridgend College offer?
Our highly skilled and supportive team will help you throughout the apprenticeship journey:
- You’ll have a dedicated Work-based Learning Liaison Officer to ensure the apprenticeship programme runs smoothly
- You’ll receive receive regular, detailed feedback on the progress of your apprentice towards each framework component
- Access to all Bridgend College facilities, learning resources and support services
Get in touch
The organisations we work with are in different stages of their apprenticeship journey – some already have an existing member of staff they’d like to be on an apprenticeship programme while others are keen to recruit a new member of staff to become an apprentice. We are here to support you every step of the way.
We are proud to work with a range of organisations, dedicated to supporting and developing businesses across Wales. Here is a selection of the employers we work with:
I would like to recruit an apprentice but need to find a suitable candidate
We know it’s crucial to find the right fit for your organisation. If you need help recruiting an apprentice, we will discuss your requirements including:
- Exploring your aims and priorities in the type of individual you are looking for
- Gathering all the necessary information into a job template
- Discussing a variety of approaches for advertising your vacancies for you, including internally with our own learners, a variety of job websites, social media and reaching out through our expansive network
- Directing suitable candidates to you who may approach us
- Helping you connect with individuals by enabling opportunities for you to meet or promote your opportunities to them in person
I have an existing staff member who I would like to start an apprenticeship with Bridgend College
If you have an existing member of staff who you would like to upskill via an apprenticeship, simply complete our online application form. Our Work-based Learning Team will review your application.
If you need any help or support, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01656 763 233 or 763 238.
I have an individual ready to start an apprenticeship with Bridgend college
If you are ready to start your apprenticeship journey with us, contact us today: email@example.com or call 01656 763 233 or 763 238.