Being bilingual is an extra skill and could be an advantage to you when it comes to getting a job in the future. A number of jobs require staff who can speak both English and Welsh. Here at Bridgend College, there are plenty of different opportunities to use your Welsh both as part of your studies or outside of your course.
If you would like to maintain or develop your Welsh skills then please let your course tutor or contact Carys Swain by e-mail email@example.com
There are lots of opportunities to use Welsh across the College, for example:
- Additional Welsh language qualifications, eg yr iaith ar Waith
- Studying part of your course in Welsh or bilingually*
- Work experience placements in Welsh*
- Progression opportunities to HE Welsh medium courses with Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol
- Clwb Brecwast & Cinio – a chance to meet other Welsh speaking learners and staff at the College
- Cross-college events to celebrate our Welsh heritage, eg Diwrnod Shwmae, St Dwynwen and St Davids Day
- Urdd Gobaith Cymru Eisteddfod competitions and sporting events
- Menter Bro Ogwr social activities
The Twitter page @ColegPenybont gives news and information about Welsh activities in the College and local area.
* Available on some courses, eg Childhood Studies, Hair and Beauty and Travel and Tourism.
We are extremely proud to announce that Bridgend College has now officially become a Google Reference College, the first college in Wales to be given this esteemed title.
©2018 Google LLC All rights reserved. Google and the Google logo are registered trademarks of Google LLC.
- Talented students celebrate at online awards ceremony24/09/2021 - 12:34
- Bridgend College recognised by HRH The Princess Royal for excellence in training and development20/08/2021 - 15:50
- Bridgend College achieves Gold at Mind’s Workplace Wellbeing Awards09/06/2021 - 10:06
- Kickstarting careers for young people08/06/2021 - 11:44