Being bilingual is an extra skill and could be an advantage to you when it comes to getting a job in the future. A number of jobs require staff who can speak both English and Welsh. Here at Bridgend College, there are plenty of different opportunities to use your Welsh both as part of your studies or outside of your course.
There are lots of opportunities to use Welsh across the College, for example:
- Additional Welsh language qualifications, eg yr iaith ar Waith
- Studying part of your course in Welsh or bilingually*
- Work experience placements in Welsh*
- Progression opportunities to HE Welsh medium courses with Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol
- Clwb Brecwast & Cinio – a chance to meet other Welsh speaking learners and staff at the College
- Cross-college events to celebrate our Welsh heritage, eg Diwrnod Shwmae, St Dwynwen and St Davids Day
- Urdd Gobaith Cymru Eisteddfod competitions and sporting events
- Menter Bro Ogwr social activities
* Available on some courses, eg Childhood Studies, Hair and Beauty and Travel and Tourism.
We are extremely proud to announce that Bridgend College has now officially become a Google Reference College, the first college in Wales to be given this esteemed title.
©2018 Google LLC All rights reserved. Google and the Google logo are registered trademarks of Google LLC.
- Bridgend College continues to deliver excellence, scooping global recognition13/07/2022 - 10:24
- Celebrating student success at the Skills Competition Wales Awards28/03/2022 - 15:44
- Bridgend College supporting A Dog’s Trail with Snoopy24/03/2022 - 14:37
- Jeff Greenidge appointed as new Chair of the Governing Body14/12/2021 - 14:13