The cream of Bridgend County Borough businesses have been celebrated at the Bridgend Business Forum Awards 2015, held in conjunction with Bridgend County Borough Council and Bridgend College.
The all-important winners were announced in each of the 10 categories, along with the overall Bridgend Business of the Year 2015, which was selected by a panel of independent judges made-up of sponsors and representatives of the Bridgend Business Forum.
The awards, which were hosted by BBC news presenter, Sian Lloyd attracted over 200 business people, keen to celebrate the achievements of some of the county borough’s leading organisations. During the event the audience listened to a video message from Bridgend AM, Carwyn Jones, who has recently become Patron of Bridgend Business Forum.
The awards were sponsored by Bridgend College, Bridgend County Borough Council, Berry Smith Lawyers, Handelsbanken, kksolutions, United Graphic Design, Business in Focus, ISA Training Group, South East Wales Community Economic Development (Bridgend), ROCKWOOL Ltd, Graham Paul Chartered Accountants and Bridgend Tourism Association.
The winners in each category were:
- ‘Business Student of the Year’ – Geraint Robson & Caitlyn Corless, Ddraig Valley Farm Park
- ‘Start-up Business of the Year’ – LouChi’s Tearoom
- ‘Service Business of the Year’ – ITCS Ltd
- ‘Entrepreneur of the Year’ – Suzanne Bourne, Nemein Ltd
- ‘Manufacturing Business of the Year’ – Customised Sheet Metal Ltd
- Bridgend Tourism Business of the Year’ – Best Western Heronston Hotel & Spa
- ‘Innovative Business of the Year – Nemein Ltd
- ‘Creative Industries Award’ – Customised Sheet Metal Ltd
- ‘Social Enterprise of the Year’ – Tŷ Elis Porthcawl Counselling Service
- ‘Bridgend Business of the Year 2015’ – Customised Sheet Metal Ltd