The Fabrication and Welding Apprenticeship framework is designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge required to carry out your job role and support future progression within the sector. You will be employed and receive at least the minimum apprenticeship wage and should achieve the Level 3 Apprenticeship Framework within the agreed timescale.
- Level 3 NVQ Extended Diploma in Fabrication and Welding (QCF)
- ABC Level 3 Diploma or Certificate in Fabrication and Welding Practice (QCF)
- Essential Skills Wales Communication Level 2
- Essential Skills Wales Application of Number Level 2
- Essential Skills Wales Information and Communication Technology Level 2
- Key Skill Level 2 Working With Others
- Key Skill Level 2 Improving Own Learning
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
This apprenticeship can be tailored to meet the requirements of Sheet Metal Workers; Plater / Fabricator or Welders.
Please note, this Framework is for Apprentices who have NOT completed the full-time first year engineering. The apprentice will attend college five days a week for the first year (35 weeks) and undertake the following qualifications: Performing Engineering Operations Level 2, ABC L3 Certificate in Fabrication and Welding, Essential Skills/Key Skills in Communications, Application of Number, Information and Communication Technology, Working with Others and Improving Own Learning.
These programmes are part financed by the European Social Fund through the Welsh Government.