The Fabrication and Welding Apprenticeship framework is designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge required to carry out your job role and support future progression within the sector. You will be employed and receive at least the minimum apprenticeship wage. You will attend college on a day release basis and should achieve the Level 3 Apprenticeship Framework within the agreed timescale.
- Level 2 NVQ Extended Diploma in Fabrication and Welding (QCF)
- ABC Level 3 Diploma or Certificate in Fabrication and Welding Practice (QCF)
- Essential Skills Wales Communication Level 2
- Essential Skills Wales Application of Number Level 2
- Essential Skills Wales Information and Communication Technology Level 2
- Key Skill Level 2 Working With Others
- Key Skill Level 2 Improving Own Learning
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
This apprenticeship can be tailored to meet the requirements of semi-skilled Sheet Metal Workers; semi-skilled Welders/Fabricators.
Please note, this Framework is for Apprentices who HAVE completed the full-time first year engineering programme and applicants will have achieved: Performing Engineering Operations Level 2, BTEC Subsidiary Diploma in Engineering and Essential Skills/Key Skills in Communications, Application of Number, Information and Communication Technology, Working with Others and Improving Own Learning.
These programmes are part financed by the European Social Fund through the Welsh Government.